Saturday, January 14, 2012

You Make Me Smile!

Here is a little card from today. I used a few old techniques and some new ones too.






I used some A-2 sized craft card stock bases. The patterned papers are by Close To My Heart. I used the new Art Philosophy CTMH Cricut cartridge to cut the flower pieces and stamped them with the "Hooray Bouquet" stamp set using Baby Pink, Tulip and White Daisy inks. I mounted the flowers to mats (with CTHM sparkle brads) of dryer sheet covered white card stock and a mat of craft paper that I used a border punch on. The sentiment is from the same stamp set - I stamped on white with Tulip ink. The marquee shape is an EK success punch. The dryer sheets that I used are a spring floral scent, so these cards smell delicious too. Here is a trial-and-error tip... When attempting the dryer sheet technique, use the heaviest card stock or even water-color paper that you have. The mats turn out much more crisp and flat than if you use a lighter weight paper.

Close up!!!





Pin It




Thanks for stopping by!


3 comments:

Lee Mae said...

Love the big flower you created and the embossed panel it's mounted on. I also really like the colors of the DP and the little hearts on the top piece. Thanks for playing in our Midweek Throwdown challenge at Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps!
~Lee Mae Operation Write Home MWT Assistant

NanaConnie said...

Love the embossing and the plaid flower petals, Nancy! Gorgeous papers.

Paula S. said...

Love the big, bold flower Nancy! I tried that dryer sheet technique back when you did the tutorial. It's so cool and it looks great here!