Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Sketch 105

Ugh. Snow + rain + cold weather + little sleep + lots of working + gym time (I should really learn not to go outside right after my workout) = head cold of the century! I am going to be spending some quality time with my NyQuil this week, folks! The cards could get interesting!

Here is sketch 105 from Stars & Stamps:





My card:





I used pink ribbons instead of paper strips. Now that I look at it again, it seems like it needs a bow somewhere. Or maybe two or three.

And since I was in a pinkish mood and I had some leftover flowers from the other day, I used them to CASE one of Sandy's cards from last year. (hers was red white and blue with stars on it.)

The trick here is to glue the flowers and border strip down, then run the mat through an embossing folder. I used my new folder from Stampin'Up. Then I added the buttons and floss!






That's all folks... Thags for stobbig by!!! ( I'b so sduffy!!!)

-nancy

4 comments:

Lee Mae said...

Cute cards! I like your take on sketch 105 and your CASE card is really fun. I'll have to try that technique; I'd forgotten about it - it looks really great!

Linda said...

Super bice job. I think I like the soft embossed card a wee bit more. TFS!!!

Paper Therapy Ponderings said...

I always seem to want to add something extra to my cards to - step back away from the card - very nice job on both cards

thanks for supporting OWH

Barb Housner

Dixie Cochran said...

Pretty pink cards! Great idea using the ribbon on the sketch card. That never crossed my mind. Brilliant! Thanks to for the reminder about that embossing trick of Sandy's. I need to try that.