Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Turkey Day!

A lot of people have a fun holiday tradition of making their own Christmas cards over Thanksgiving weekend . . . wow, how much fun is that? I hope to have some family members some day to share this tradition with some day. (Right now, the boys are not so hot on it.) This week, my friend Kandi asked me to put together a kit for her to make her own Christmas cards. Pshhaw. . . you know me! I was more than happy to get right on it. :) First we looked at a few cards - and Kandi chose to make some ornament - looking cards for her friends and family. Being a newbie to scrapbooking supplies these days must be very intimidating. I can't imagine how it would be to have to stare down the aisles of the craft store - trying to figure out what to buy first? I am hoping that I was able to help Kandi out by picking the best of all of the essentials.

I made use of some patterned paper that I already had on hand. I bought some coordinating cardstock, and a few embelishments. I raided the dollar bins. . . I hit the dollar stamp baskets at Michael's, and used a few other things that I already had on hand. In the end I spent less than $25 for all of Kandi's supplies. All that was left was to cut her some cute sentiments and things with my Cricut. Did I tell you guys that I got a Cuttlebug this month too? I did! And I love it! I am still practicing with it. But I bought a few templates to make a few things for Kandi's kit too.

Somebody said something once - I believe it is in a movie, and it is real similar to a quote by General Patton. Don't show someone how to do a job, give them the supplies that they need to do the job, and let them suprise you with their ingenuity. I love it when a quote totally fits the situation.

Kandi I hope that you have a great time with your kit! Happy Turkey Day to all of you - happy card making and turkey eating and football watching and shopping and all of those great things that come with the weekend. . . . oh, and new video for you too. :)

2 comments:

jeanna said...

Hi Nancy... :) here's my addy...

#6 Rambutan Street, Doña Josefa Village, Almanza Uno, Las Piñas City 1740 Philippines...

Pls email me if you already have my addy.. Thanks...heres my e add..

jean_myprerogative@yahoo.com

Seongsook Duncan said...

What a wonderful job you did for your friend! Thanks for sharing and showing your video as well. Happy Thanksgiving, Nancy!