Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Spring Things

It's been a busy time of year - sadly there has been a lot of health problems in the family and I haven't had time to get everything done that I have needed too. . . my scrap time has been a real life saver. It's so true when they say that scrapbooking is cheaper than therapy!

Card day is Monday the 23rd! I have got to send out e-mails today, so look for those, you, my scrap peeps!

Meanwhile, here are a few pics that I have finally been able to get together. First is the collection of card kits that I got together for the Spring Botique last weekend. I still have quite a few of those kits left over, and will probably either save them for my next craft fair, or sell them on etsy. . .

Second is the bunch of goodies that I made with my ETM March Expressions kits. You know what I love best about the kits this month? I sat down, took a few deep breaths, and just let things go. I didn't have any ideas in mind. I had a few templates to look at. But mostly, I just sat in my own little glitter and glue filled world, and cut. And glued. And painted. And then I felt better. These colors are so cute for spring, don't you think?

I am totally ready for spring. The locals would probably agree - I am sick to death of the wind and the cold and the rain and those last piles of nasty dirty snow that just don't seem to want to go away. I am tired of the yucky grey and brown and yellow nasty ground with last year's rotting leaf litter. I am sick of the mud and the WIND. . . ugh. . . the wind. . . Yesterday I noticed a couple of little green shoots sticking up out of the ick in the ground next to the back door. It's daffodils coming up already - and I am more than ready for spring.

1 comment:

Jenn Embry said...

I think your cards are great! This local is definitely ready for spring and all those dirty piles of snow to go away! Today was gorgeous, but I hear we are supposed to get rain. Better rain than snow, but I knew it was too good to last!