Tuesday, January 27, 2009

January Card Day

Let me explain. :) Card day is a day where we card-ers get together and have a ton of fun. Everyone brings a hand made card and enough kits for everyone to make the same card - so everyone leaves with at least one card from every other person in the group. January card day was yesterday - at Stephanie's house and we had a blast. :) We each left with all of these little goodies. . .

Next Card Day is scheduled for February 23rd from 10-2 at Tiffani's house. January was our second get-together - and we are on a good roll of getting organized as far as who wants to participate and contact information and such.

For those of us in the Card Day Group - our February card day themes are Birthday Cards, Easter Cards, and we might have one St. Pattie's Day card because I found an idea that is just too dang cute to pass up. . . so I will do St. Pattie's and the binder. . .

Everyone who comes in February . . . will you please bring a 3-ring binder that has the clear-view outside (the kind you can stick your own cover in) . . . bigger is better. . . we were thinking that a 1 1/2 or 2 inch size would be best. Walmart has them for about $3.00. All you need to bring is the binder - one of our card day projects will be the cover for the binder and some of the inside stuff. . . including a contact list and some pockets for holding our take-home goodies.

Since I have a few local blog readers who aren't savvy on the whole card day thing, this is not an exclusive meeting. . . and anyone who wants more details can contact me and I will give you the scoop. It's a ton of fun, and I can't wait for next month. :)


3 comments:

Julie said...

Hey Nancy great blog!!! It was awsome to reconnect with you yesterday!!! What a small world hu!!! I am excited to get go to next months card club! I actually picked up some cute stuff for an easter card at Roberts today (shhh don't tell my husband) LOL I am just sad that I will not be here for any more unless I happen to be here at that time!!!

Edwards Family said...

Cute blog Nancy friend, Excited to get organized also. See ya at work.

Kim Rose said...

Cute cards! I love those types of groups. Problem is the cards are always so cute I hate to give them away! :)
Can't wait to see what you do next month!
Hey... kits are ready!