Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Word of the Year

Kim at Express the Moment and my friend blue_doggie at LiveJournal have both been on this kick about choosing a word for the year. For them, the words balance, and adventure respectively - hold special meaning to them in 2009.


I have doing a lot of thought about it - and aside from being a really fun idea I really saw this idea as a challenge. Everybody it seems, has something that they want to try to work on and improve on in the future. For me, I wanted to choose a word that represents something that I have, and something that I desire more of.


It was then, that a word came to me, in the form of music actually. Serenity by Godsmack is one of those rock ballads that has always stuck me with it's beauty. I need Serenity. . .


Inner peace and calm is something that I will strive for in the coming year. It is a goal that I have anyway - to keep a more even temper and not have those "freak out" moments that I feel bad about later. I think that there are a lot of things that contribute to my stress level. . . being a mom and having a full time job and dealing with every day family problems and lots of other challenges bring stress. My goal is to use the means that I have and find new, healthy ways to deal with this stress and achieve a new, more serene outlook on life. I would like to continue to learn and meditate and maybe even get into something fun like yoga. . . I will also continue to do my scrapbooking and paper crafts as a way to de-stress as it has always been a favorite outlet.


So there we have it, word of the year. What a fun idea. :)


1 comment:

Kim Rose said...

Love it Nancy! Beautiful post! Serenity now! Serenity now!