Thursday, September 10, 2009

September Goodness!

September??? How can it be September already? It seems crazy to me. The summer went so fast! The kiddos are back to school... the days are getting shorter... I was just starting to get a little sad about this. And then I got an awesome invitation from Kim at Express the Moment to lend a hand with designing cards for the September Expressions kits! How awesome is that!!! The card kits for this month have some really bold pretty colors with blacks, yellows, blues and pinks. I was grateful for that. Although the chill is in the air, I gotta admit I was not quite ready for autumn colors yet. Let's just call it denial!!!

The great things in this months' kit made it super easy to come up with a few original designs. There are some really cute patterns and embelishments and these wild little chip board buttons that are just adorable! And letter stickers! Oh how cute these letter stickers are!! Here are a few goodies that I made from the kit. . . first, I went kind of crazy with the little owl embelishments in the card. They are way too cute to resist.



The whole owl thing got me on a bird kick. Did you see all of the cute bird things in this pack? Oh my gosh. This card reminds me of one of those uh, social networking sites or something. I'm pretty sure that the resemblence is quite coincidental. :)



Next, an easy layout using lots of mats and a bunch of the coordinating patterns and colors. I love them all so much, it was hard to decide which to use first. And that little chipboard heart is just toooooo danged cute not to showcase.



Another with the adorable papers and colorful embelishments from this months' kit. This card is all about "Just be you!" Which I think is a super cute embelishment for someone fun. I know exactly where this card is going. :)



Another combination of the cute patterned papers available in this months' kits. The kit also has several chipboard WINGS that can be used to make butterflies, angels, or well. . . anything! I love them. I also got a little crazy with the green stickles. . . stickles not included in the kit, but the embelishments in the kit are so cute and glittery. . . it was too hard not to take the glitter and run with it!!! :)



And finally, a favorite. I used almost every single patterned paper in the kit on this one card. It's got tons of layers and isn't it colorful and fun?? I matted all of the papers on black, and wow did that make the colors stand out!!! I love it! Awesome kit, Kim! And thanks for letting me play! I had a great time. Be sure to stop at the ETM site for this months' kit and other coordinating embelishments that match too... I highly reccomend the clear stamp set, it goes with this kit and so much more! There is also a mini album to match... what a fun project for a gift for someone special.

1 comment:

Julie said...

These are awsome Nancy!!!! TFS