Sunday, September 13, 2009

Operation Write Home!


An exciting tidbit. . . Cards For Heroes is celebrating their birthday. . . and a name change too! I am super excited to stand behind the new project, Operation Write Home! I invite everyone to check out this site and their mission. It's such a neat thing to be involved in. I am super chuffed to be one of their newest supporters! My box of cards for "Any Hero"es and 25 some-odd blank cards went in the mail last week. It's exciting to think that they will some day make it half way around the world, and back again. I hope that each of these cards will end up in the hands of a stranger and in some way make their lives feel just a little bit better.

And now it is time to get cracking on my scrap space. So much to do. . . Today I am starting to file my inventory for the Craft Fair in November. . . and will also work on finishing up a few odds and ends that I have been putting off. . .

So Happy Birthday Cards For Heroes. . . who is now OPERATION WRITE HOME. . . the deadlines for holiday cards have been posted. . . We have until Sept. 20 to send off Halloween Cards, Thanksgiving Cards are due by October 5, and all Christmas and Hannukkah cards have to be in by November 1! I am going to try like crazy to get one more box done for the holidays. :)

No comments: