Sunday, June 1, 2014

Great Impressions Blog Hop


Well, Hello!

I'm welcoming visitors for the Operation Write Home / Great Impressions blog hop today! If you would like to start at the beginning of this little hop, you can do that over at Stars & Stamps! If you have come here from Mary Anne's Blog, you are right on track! Isn't it a beautiful day for a hop?

Today I am sharing a card made for OWH using one of our cute new Great Impressions fundraiser sets. I'll be following this OWH sketch #227:


In addition to the adorable Great Impressions - Home and Sentiments set, I used some cute paper by We R Memory Keepers, a Spellbinders die and some die cut / punched stars. I colored with Copic markers and used some Liquid Glass on the cute hearts and windows:


Here's a little close-up detail if you would like:


I really love this adorable little set and it is so nice for them to donate 20% back to OWH. Many thanks to Ms. Deone for letting me participate in this today and to Great Impressions for teaming up with us. These stamps have such wonderful detail and they stick so nicely to your acrylic blocks. The letters in the sentiment are a nice font that stamp out very crisply - and what great sentiments for OWH cards!  I really enjoyed working with them!

Click here to get one!
I love this little set so much that I used it this week for my card featuring "ribbon" for my local card-making group. So here is an example of the card using the other adorable sentiment:



 Now hop along over to Carolyn's place to see what she has in store for you!

Thanks for stopping by!
post signature



28 comments:

Kathy S said...

Love the addition of the stars. Very patriotic.

Unknown said...

Beautiful card! I love how you used this set!

Sue D said...

Very pretty cards. I like the patriotic color theme.

Erika said...

Very sweet patriotic card. Love what you did with the sketch!

JoAnn Ross said...

Oh, this is wonderful! I love how you made it both sweet and patriotic!

Judi said...

I am a little abstract in my thinking and this is a perfect stamp for me...when the image is "true to life" it makes me crazy. I feel like it needs to be perfect when it's finished.

Sarah said...

So in love with this card-- perfect color combination and that stars are awesome!!!

Lori Kobular said...

Love all the red, white and blue on your card! This is wonderful stamp set. Thank you for working with OWH!!

Unknown said...

What a cute card. I really like these new sets and thanks for supporting OWH.

sandybear76 said...

love the "glass" windows! I'll have to remember that detail for a future card. Thanks.

WhoMom said...

The shiny windows really catch my eye. The stars are a wonderful way to frame the house. Awesome card. Perfect for our heroes.

Lynn said...

Terrific card! I love the "red-white and blue-ness" of the card and all the stars!

Sherry Butcher said...

Great card, love this new stamp set. The Red, White and Blue is a great color combo for this. TFS.

Unknown said...

Your little house is so cute love the stars too.

Carol L said...

I just love how you incorporated all the stars and stripes in the first card!, and I love those little banners at the top of the 2nd! Great pair of cards!

Paula S. said...

I love that you decked your house out in such patriotic fashion. Your dual-color inking around the edge... with the green grass and blue sky is something that has never occurred to me. Duh! LOL Great work as usual! :)

~ Kendra ~ said...

Wow, such a beautiful card! Love the patriotic house!! So lovely!

Verna Angerhofer said...

I just love that darling patriotic home and how you used it in your wonderful card. Great job!

Unknown said...

Great cards and I love the detail to the windows.

One Scrappy Gal said...

I love that card with all the red/white/blue! So patriotic!

BobbisTreasure said...

Love the stars - they give your card great dimension!!

Mynn xx said...

Nancy, this is SO cool! LOVE the stars and the glossy windows! So excited to be hopping with you! HUGS and happy stamping! :) Mynn xx

Joanne Travis said...

This is really pretty, Nancy. I love the paper and accent stars. Lovely work and thanks for supporting OWH!

Unknown said...

Love the glass accents! Your card is amazing--the way you added the "rays" on RW&B and all the fabulous stars--really a great touch. TFS!!

Unknown said...

Wow, such a cute card! So many added detail, the scalloped circle, the stars and the glass accents are fabulous! Thanks for going the extra mile to make such a fabulous card for our Heroes!

Marsha said...

Really love your card. So cute with all the stars and patriotic colors. TFS

Unknown said...

Very nice card. It's so happy it makes you feel good. Thanks for sharing.

Debi said...

Wonderful cards. Must have been fun picking up all those little stars to glue them on. Love your header and the comment about the eyelet. I have a teeny, tiny brad on the lamb and I just know it's going to find a bare foot, probably mine! TFS your cards.