Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Scrappy Backgrounds

Have you been checking out the Tuesday Tutorials over at Stars & Stamps?
Last week's tutorial on using up scraps by Cara was especially fun. Here is my go at it, minus the embossing folder. I liked the strips just plain, but I am totally going to do another one embossed. This technique is really fun and a great way to use up scraps. I used mine from the latest Express the Moment
Kit. Fun colors, right?


This week's tutorial by Jenny Is also fantastic.. I love Jenny's technique of paper piercing using Spellbinders dies, and I love how she shows the colors of Copic markers she is using in her photos. What a great help!



Wrangling these tutorials has been a ton of fun for me to do but I can always use more ideas and tutorials submitted! Got a tutorial or a suggestion? Drop me a line at my OWH mail, nancy at operationwritehome . org is the addy to use! Meanwhile, check out these links for some really fun ideas... Also stay tuned for lots of fun events coming up this weekend... A blog skip for Armed Forces day this weekend, and a huuuuuge blog hop for Memorial Day weekend.

2 comments:

Crafting Adventures said...

Cute stamp and a great background. Love the colors!

Tara said...

Lovvely blog you have