Sunday, July 10, 2011

S&S Sketch #77

 

I really look forward to the weekly sketch from over at Stars & Stamps. I don’t always do all of them. But I have been saving them all to a file. They sure are great for when you need a card idea or when you want to “practice” using scraps and different papers, or maybe try new stamping techniques. That’s what is fun about making cards – you can practice just like any other hobby, technique or sport . . . practicing makes you better and more confident in the work that you do! And it’s so much fun!

Here is sketch 77 and my card. I am running out of kraft paper. This is a very bad thing.

 

77

sketch77card

 

This card was made using papers from my DCWV Playtime stack and I stamped the clouds and balloon with my CTMH set called “Over the Rainbow.” My circles aren’t exactly the same dimensions as the photo. I used a ready made Kraft Border by CTMH and punched the bottom scalloped circle with a nestie. The clouds were stamped in white and sky. The balloon was stamped on a separate scrap of kraft paper and I stamped it first in daisy white, then with sunny yellow and I colored the basket part with chocolate. The bottom sky paper has glitter inlaid, the kind that won’t flake off. :) Non-flaky glitter makes me happy because it is ok for sending cards to the troops. There are dimensional squares behind the balloon, and the yellow dotted paper.

9 comments:

Donna Hanley said...

Nancy,
Great card. I love how you stamped the clouds. Your colors are very nice also. Thank you for sharing.

Carol L said...

What a pretty card with all the sparkles and hot balloon! I love the clouds and colors!

Dixie Cochran said...

Those stamped clouds are so clever! I really like your color combination too!

Desert Rose Stamper said...

I am with Dixie - I like your color combo. The clouds are are very clever too. Thanks for the ideas.

Jen M said...

Love it! Love the balloons and clouds.

Julie said...

Nancy, this card is awesome! I love the textures you created and the beautiful color combination. Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

Shari B said...

So pretty! I just bought the Playtime stack - thanks for the inspiration!

Paula S. said...

Very nice job with the OWH sketch Nancy. I love Kraft colored paper myself and it looks especially nice with the blue & yellow combo.

Hope you are recovering well!

Unknown said...

nike free, christian louboutin outlet, louboutin outlet, ray ban sunglasses, tiffany and co, chanel handbags, oakley sunglasses, prada outlet, longchamp, gucci outlet, oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, louboutin shoes, polo ralph lauren outlet, kate spade outlet, oakley sunglasses, tiffany jewelry, ralph lauren pas cher, michael kors, nike outlet, ray ban sunglasses, replica watches, air max, ugg boots, replica watches, prada handbags, louis vuitton outlet, uggs on sale, jordan shoes, nike air max, louboutin, nike free, ugg boots, nike roshe run, longchamp pas cher, louboutin pas cher, louis vuitton, cheap oakley sunglasses, sac longchamp, tory burch outlet, louis vuitton outlet, nike air max, air jordan pas cher, longchamp outlet, oakley sunglasses, longchamp outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, burberry, louis vuitton, louis vuitton