Sunday, June 12, 2011

Favorite Color Cards!

 

Did you hear? I went on an awesome trip. Not the kind to Cancun or the Bahamas, either. I slipped and twisted my leg badly – dislocated my knee and tore up some ligaments. Booo hiss! This is not how I want to be spending my summer!

Things are getting better slowly but surely and I am at least able to get around to the crafting table more often these days! Cindy, over at Papers Pads and Pictures had a fun idea for the new challenge. . . and a lot of cool bonus information on your favorite colors!

I’m not gonna lie. I had a hard time with this one. I love gem or jewel tones best. Ruby red, emerald green, amethyst purple, sapphire blue. . I love red and purple together! But if I have to narrow it down to just one, I will choose some pretty shades of purple. Two of my favorite ink colors by Close To My Heart are Gypsy and Pansy Purple. I used them together, along with the You And Me stamp set (D1495) to make this fun purple tri-fold card. I have made lots of Birthday and Christmas tri-fold cards in the past – but this one seems like it could be for just about any occasion.

favoritecolorcard1

I love that swirly flourish stamp, and I used one of my favorite latest techniques . . . I used my iRock tool to affix some purple gems to the ends of the swirls. Here is a little closeup.

favoritecolorcard2

Oh, and if you need a little brush-up on that tri-fold pattern, my video is still here on YouTube!

 

 

Be sure to stop over at Cindy’s and enter your card for the challenge – your favorite-color card can be any style, occasion, layout, sketch or design that you like, but it has to be your favorite color! As a bonus, leave me a message. . . tell me what your favorite color is, and why? Do you have one particular color or shade of cardstock or ink that you just have to have?

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Paula S. said...

Oh Nancy I am so sorry to hear that you've hurt yourself. I'm glad you are at least able to sit and craft some though because I love checking in on what creative thing you're up to. Get better soon!

Annette_Marlow said...

EEEEK, I love it! I am currently working on a tri-fold right now for my Momma's B-day ;0) I'm truly sorry to hear you hurt yourself at the beginning of the summer ;0( Hopefully you will be better very soon! I have been eyeballing the iRock tool, just haven't really been able to "afford" it or anything lately with our big move coming up.. We will be reimbursed by my Hubby's job but with the military it's on their time so my eyeballs are just straining on all the goodies as of now lol! Have a great week and get better soon!

Cindy said...

Nancy, this card is terrific as always....LOVE the colors! :o)

. said...

Thanx to your tutorial on youtube i managed to make tri fold card :) You`re the best teacher ;)

Unknown said...

nike free, christian louboutin outlet, louboutin outlet, ray ban sunglasses, tiffany and co, chanel handbags, oakley sunglasses, prada outlet, longchamp, gucci outlet, oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, louboutin shoes, polo ralph lauren outlet, kate spade outlet, oakley sunglasses, tiffany jewelry, ralph lauren pas cher, michael kors, nike outlet, ray ban sunglasses, replica watches, air max, ugg boots, replica watches, prada handbags, louis vuitton outlet, uggs on sale, jordan shoes, nike air max, louboutin, nike free, ugg boots, nike roshe run, longchamp pas cher, louboutin pas cher, louis vuitton, cheap oakley sunglasses, sac longchamp, tory burch outlet, louis vuitton outlet, nike air max, air jordan pas cher, longchamp outlet, oakley sunglasses, longchamp outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, burberry, louis vuitton, louis vuitton